Translate

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Good morale can be so simple


Good morale can be so simple

       Spoiling myself in the Fall

            I freely admit that sometimes I'll light up my cooking wood stove with charcoal because it is quick and convenient.  The real reason I do it is because it is good for my morale early in the morning when things are a little chilly outside. That morale boost usually carries far into the day, too.

            Now I have often wondered why such a magical effect a warm wood stove has on me?  It is because of my humanity?  Is it because of my animal nature? Is it because I just want to spoil myself, and I can? Or is it just my old bones enjoying the pleasure both of the warm wood stove and even the coffee boiler on top of it?

            I really don't know the answer, other than I know it is good for my morale.

            And I know to put on more clothes, which I think is the more traditional way to get and stay warm enough. But that doesn't do the same for my morale.

            I've often denied myself a lot, but every so often I still spoil myself with the ole wood stove cranked up to make some heat on an early Fall day.

No comments: