Translate

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Food and morale and health


Food and morale and health

       Here's a link you may enjoy reading:  http://www.combat.ws/S4/MILTERMS/C-RATION.HTM

            For example, I am presently working on a soup kitchen type of meal, and the military training I have provides me such a start point. Plus I get to eat it, and the leftovers go to the dogs (including the 5 yard puppies), literally.  Of course if the dogs don't go for it, then I guess it is time to start over, like try again another way.

An old time expression comes to mind....for lack of knowing what to do, I do what I know.

And a cup of Ramen noodles at o' dark thirty is good for my morale, especially during a rainy or snowy time of the year.

By the way, the basic first try soup kitchen recipe includes beef broth, baby lima beans, bratwurst sausage, scrambled eggs, TVP (textured vegetable protein), local spring water, a beef bouillon cube (times 2) , and some spices.

No comments: