Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fair enough


Fair enough

       I periodically receive financial advice from those who manage my money. And often we have different points of view. Fair enough. And at least we are still civil in our discussions. Said another way, I still have trust, faith, and confidence in their opinions.

            My point of view is more longer term than the point of view of most of my financial advisors. Fair enough. I understand and think that. For example, I am less interested in making my children and grandchildren happy today than in 20 years in their futures. My personal wealth today is a lower priority. Happiness is good health and self respect, to me.

            And I understand, or at least believe, that the advisors who are more short term oriented have to take into account the intelligence and education of the population in general.  For example, I don't think our federal president it too smart, and probably frittered away all the wonderful educational advantages he was offered in his earlier years. Said another way, in my opinion we have been dumbing down our citizen's educations for decades, and some advisors take that into account better than I do. Fair enough.

            Now in fairness, I spent several hours yesterday working on a soup kitchen menu, just in case. Plus I checked my latest "tune up" to my hydraulic RAM to make sure I have good clean water if times should get hard. Now that is fair enough, to me at least.

            By the way the Fall wildflowers where I live were pretty, too.

            I guess I have different priorities. And I can't eat money. Fair enough.

No comments: