Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013


Hemlocks' tin can defense

       Now best case I could use magnesium trip flares (like the military does), but that is against the law these days for people like me. And second basic case, I could choose to use chem light trip flares, but have chosen not to do that mostly because of expense, and also having to maintain all this stuff. After all, the wild critters are around, too. And they trip lines, too.

            So I have chosen to use the WWII solution I saw in movies. Basically it is to use tin cans with pebbles in them (of which the Hemlocks has many), and strung on a nylon line that will alert anyone who hears the effect. My thinking right now is to save the existing metal line for snaring critters like rabbits. And I expect nylon lines will sag over time, so I have some maintenance to do, too.

            Now the intent is two-fold.  One is to let the bad people know that I know they are about, or at least they might think so. And the second intent is just to really use it for my own defense.

            Last, there is a proposed tank ditch, too. Basically one just digs a big ass ditch across the ingress road to the place to stop any invader vehicles that they might bring.  ATV's only work so far, before they even get bogged down and stuck. So goes for bigger vehicles, too.

No comments: