Translate

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The perfect human storm
Well, it happened to me, too.

All this post is being written from my backup computer, by the way.

I watch the terrible storm damage on TV about part of the eastern USA as I also work on trying to save my data from a failing computer hard drive. It never fails, both things hit about the same time. Thank goodness, locally I have a backup for most of my important things to me, data. But still I wonder just how much I covered for backup, probably like the people who suffered the storm damage to include the fires that simply burned up their homes and all the things important to the residents of these homes. That's a big deal to them.

Now I suspect the home areas that burned down is small percentage percentage wise, but a big deal for those that suffered the consequences.

In other words, back up things important to you where you live. Usually that means storing in another place from your home, like a relatives house or an outside barn where I live. Anything but my abode, which might burn down sometime.

And, of course, and in the end, then we may just lose heirlooms, and other such important things to us.

But we do have our memories, and as long as we survive, and can tell our Family stories to our descendents, then things will probably sort out OK.

No comments: