Translate

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

The pace of change

Change is constant, which is normal.

Like our children will simply not think like we do, like it or not.

But in the same vein, we older people, like parents and other relatives, owe them our experience and wisdom, which is often rejected or ignored, which is also both normal, and frustrating to older people giving their free advice.

I've been a kid, too. And I remember the experience, too.

Now maybe even I am fateful, like will accept whatever happens, often because I can't change that much anyway. For example, I have had two dogs die over the holidays, and I can't change it, either way. Maybe that is just how I handle my grief.

So it seems to me that the pace of change is changing, like speeding up compared to like even twenty or thirty years ago.

Now that normally doesn't bother me.

But now I think elected lightweights and their appointed minions are in charge, and they are doing a crummy job.

So what to do. My suggestion is to vote to change change. If our vote is taken away, then I suggest revolt.

Revolt is objectionable to me, but I think sometimes that is what it may take. Hopefully, not.

So use your vote to change things, locally, state, and federally.

No comments: