Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2012


Growing a young person

       Now that is best done by a two parent Family.

            And it is a hard chore as I remember.

            First story:

                        The time would have been around five decades ago (I am age 64) and we boys and our Mom and Dad lived in a hard back tent in the Sierras during the summer time. We were on vacation.

                        Well during that time I learned a lot about trout fishing, and also how to play chess. Being around the 7th grade or so, that was a fun experience to me, like I thrived on it.  By the way, later (like in the 70's) I would play chess with my Afghan friend, and he pretty much kicked my tail.

            Second story:

                        It was the same timeframe, and somehow I got into a fight around the tether ball pole with a friend. Well he got his arm broken in the fight. By the time I got home, his Mom had already called my Mom, who basically chewed me out. Then my Dad came home, and he basically, said OK.  Lesson learned by me...boys and girls are different!

No comments: