Translate

Thursday, March 29, 2012

The New World USA is special in human history

Why do I think so? Mostly it is because I have lived elsewhere, and have seen the differences with my own eyes. And I like what we have here today.

Now this is not some kind of post that suggests trust me because I think I have a good point of view. Rather it is a post about using your own eyes where you live, and your judgments, about what is best for you, and your Family.

Now I think we all know there are alternatives to how we want to be governed, to include our present Constitution, dictatorship, royalty, tribal, or whatever.

What seems to be special to me, is that the basic citizenry matters, like we (including me) rule, vice some other way to rule. In that scheme, most of us don't trust we fellow humans that much, like many of them are thinking short term or selfish, or even worse ill educated mob rule. But the beauty of our present Constitution is the " checks and balances" method of ruling, and our trust and confidence in the results, including the idea of "the rule of law". Now that is a big deal to most Americans, I think, and they will even pay taxes to support such ideas and governments. Now even most people "hate" lawyers, but at least they provide a way to adjudicate our human frictions, especially compared to other ways, like buying influence, or even revolt.

So now I perceive many fellow Americans think otherwise, like we can make it even better than what we already have, or even more simple things like it will go on forever, like public electricity. I personally agree with many of these ideas, but disagree with how fast, or even more simple things like just debate the ideas and methods, and then vote on those who represent these ideas and methods. This whole way to rule is what makes we new world USA different. A lot of places and people don't do it "that way". And I don't assume the present way is a given, like will go on forever.

So I am proud and satisfied of what we new world USA citizens have today and our ancestors built, and will do about anything to support that way of ruling. The new world USA is special in human history.

Last, what is frustrating to me, is that we common citizens (many at least) may have to "regress" in order to appreciate what we have. Now I don't choose to go that way, but maybe it is going to happen, even in our new world USA.

No comments: