Translate

Sunday, September 18, 2011

We Americans are different from the rest of the World

And what does that mean for the next few years?

As a start I think mutts, the old fashioned term for run of the mill dogs, are generally genetically superior dogs. And in much the same way we Americans are a polyglot of cultures and peoples that make us genetically superior humans. I'm generalizing, of course.

And as part of this post's beginning, I also believe our present Federal President is not too smart, and poorly educated. Now not being smart is not necessarily bad, but being poorly educated on top of that can be a show stopper, especially if he can't grow into his job. I think of him as a case of affirmative action gone bad...and there are plenty of cases where it has gone right, too. And I use his years of words and not his educational pedigrees as my evidence to myself of a poor education.

What worries me, and I can be a worry wart, too, is that he is a lightweight and has hired a lot of lightweights to help him rule. Plus he gives pretenses of acting like royalty, including that method of ruling.

Now in today's America, he can't rule by himself. Hence, our two National parties have something to do with the mess we are in today, and potentially how we will react to possible future problems.

The obvious future possible problems include the terrible future economic situation (it is bad enough now), the possibility of future regional wars, and the possibility of a future mother nature wild card event.

Yet I am optimistic in a silly sort of way. Said another way, no one, including me, would wish any of these possible problems on us or the world. But if they occur, America is probably a good place to live and "be". Here's why I believe this.

America will change the way it governs itself over the next decade and at all levels: Federal, State, County, City, and School Boards. Most change involves new people (and maybe parties), but sometimes it means keeping the good people, too. And probably it will include the vote as in we the people can change our rule and rulers without the violence of a revolt or civil war.

And if during this change period, one or more of my worry type events also occur, then our American response will probably be better than anywhere else might respond. Of course, there will be much friction, too, but somehow we Americans will work together better than other humans might do.

Now I may end up cold and hungry, but I will survive, and my Family will survive, too. And in that case, it will be part of a bigger American effort.

Hopefully, we will have new "management" then, so as to help the effort along. Worse case, we Americans will still push a response along, though it might lack the unity of effort a good executive provides at all levels.

The key point is that we Americans are a different kind of human, and in that belief, hope springs eternal for our future in a world of adversity.

No comments: