Translate

Friday, August 13, 2010

The new world

Let me just add to the email "chatter" here where I live on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee.

The order on this cut and paste is newest to oldest.

I agree, and talk is cheap. So only time will tell.
By the way, there is a Plan B, jail.
And he has reported to me that even in Putnum County Jail in low security, there are more gang members and Negroes than ever. Right or wrong, that is what he reported. And I do not think he liked it, so the idea of avoiding jail time still works in his case, if you believe what he reports.


I think if he gets out of here, dumps the woman he's with, and quits his drug use, there could quite possibly be success for him somewhere. And success isn't hard to achieve. It starts with a job, which is easy to obtain if you put forth just a little effort on your behalf. In all honesty though I'm not sure if Adam knows how to put forth effort, at least in a productive way. My views may seem to be on the pessimistic side but what's sad is that I'm just being a realist.


I agree, and talk is cheap. So only time will tell.
He did bring his present girlfriend and provider of a present roof, the ex-wife of the former Monterey Mayor, with him yesterday late. She and he says she has Type II diabetes, and that probably is correct. Now she is going to have to clean up her act, and I have doubts she can or will do it. She meets the classic old line/joke about being rode hard and put up wet. I think she is about age 40. Worst case, I give her two more years before she loses a leg or two, or goes blind, and then passing on somewhat soon after that. She even says her Cookeville doctor has her on oxycontin (also called oxycodone), which is an addictive pain drug that even made Rush Limbaugh go deaf. I told her that to provide an incentive to her.
Anyway, Type II diabetes is such an infinitely treatable condition, if she cleans up her act, which is pretty much the same as doing whatever the doctor recommends, which is usually conventional wisdom. Now to put things in perspective, having Type I diabetes is really bad because one's body is born without the ability to make insulin, and our bodies need insulin to make our bodies work as God intended.
All this long diatribe is to report Adam was giving her hell while they were here, and I think he was seeking me to just back him up in whatever he is telling her. All this suggests he might still be trying to turn things around for himself, and you know what, he might. Of course he was also here just to borrow some more DVD's, but unlike my relatives, he actually brings them back.
I think I hurt his feelings when I told him he was not welcome to use my tractor anymore. But I did come back immediately with a question as to whether he was trying to kill me, since I needed exercise, too, and doing tractor work was about my speed these days. That seemed to satisfy him, if a big smile is any indication.
He also reported another Monterey drug bust that was big enough to include using the Motel 6 as a processing center. I'll just wait for all this to come out, too, if even half correct.
By the way, if he succeeds?, then he has a good productive time of at least two decades ahead of him. Who knows, he might even become a preacher somewhere?

Hope it works for him. He will have to make some changes in his life for it to completely work.

Some construction project, vice regular job. But he is optimistic. That's all I know from what he has told me.

Some construction project, vice regular job. But he is optimistic. That's all I know from what he has told me.

I think he is the typical case of needing to get the heck out of Monterey.

Thank you. I think I have been hoodwinked. Plus my 2009 Polaris is still down pending one more part showing up via UPS, and then I have to do the work to fix it after it shows up.
In the meantime, I go without the services and machine I paid for, like $11.5 K (as in USD).
Now my personality is still charity oriented, but again I may have failed on Adam Henry. He was and is an OK choice, and compared to his Family, he is the best of the bunch.
In theory he has a new $15/hr job, and I sure count on it.
Meantime, I still go without my Polaris Ranger. And he offered to pay for it all, but of course, he has nothing to pay with.
Now I give him some credit. I think his mom and dad screwed him over when he was growing up, but he has made it worse for himself, I think. Anyway, hanging out with the ex-wife of the old mayor of Monterey says a lot.
And as always, I do wish him luck, which he deserves, I think.

The status report on the pond yesterday was one beer can on the side of the drive by the pond, and a coke bottle floating around the southwestern part of the pond.

Too bad William Henry Harrison's own hubris killed him by giving a 2 hour inaugural address in horrible weather.

Yep, it started out as a campaign song and then morphed into more. Here's a wiki link on all this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tippecanoe_and_Tyler_too

Yeah I've heard it. I always assumed it was their campaign song.

Here's one more question? Have you ever heard the song "Tippacanoe and Tyler Too". I think it came out around 1840!


I'll be a marketing asshole again and ask if you would be able to email the link of my song on Amazon to a lot of folks you know. Maybe they will buy it since it's only 99 cents.

2 comments:

just a marine said...

The previous comment translates as: Exciting a good article ~ ~

just a marine said...

The previous comment translates as: Happiness is not everything, people have a responsibility