Translate

Sunday, September 09, 2007

What’s important?

The answer is pretty simple. My and my families ways of life.

That there are divergent ways to think about values and civilizations is a given. The recent 911 attack on we Americans and our western culture is a recent example about divergence. Where I thought we were leading edge in women’s emancipation is now a reason to attack us.

Before the attack on 911, I did not have to think about what is important. It was just assumed. Now I think about values mostly since the attack. Even the subject of equality of fighting for our national cause has appeared in the term proportional response. How sad as one who wishes to preserve ones way of life while preserving other points of view. In this is the western strength, as long as I or my kids don’t have to die for it.

There are costs to be human as to our own families. Mine fields in the west are well planned and recorded, even the cluster bombs with 3% failure rates are location known. What Princess Dianna campaigned against was the indiscriminate use by those that were “indiscriminate”. What never was reported was young Brits and allies dieing in her behalf. Mines, properly used and locations recorded, save lives.

The basic answer still applies. My and my families way of life are a normal way to survive.

No comments: